Rye bread has a sharp and tangy taste which pairs well with hard cheeses, smoked meats and cold cuts.
Made in Australia from at least 50% local and imported ingredients (China, Malaysia, Thailand, Denmark)
Wheat flour, rye flour, barley malt flour, sugar, wheat semolina, wheat gluten, iodised salt, soy flour, wheat malt flour, barley malt extract, mineral salt (170), emulsifiers (481, 472e), flour treatment agents (516, 300, 920), acidity regulator (330), colour (150c), enzyme (contains wheat), vitamins (thiamin, folic acid)
Contains gluten, wheat, rye, barley & soy. May contain traces of milk and egg. Non-GMO.
How to use
500g Bread Mix
1.5 tsp. dry yeast
300ml lukewarm water
The amount of water varies depending on whether you are hand kneading (10% less water needed) or using a bread machine, and the climate of your kitchen (humid will require less water).
1. Add ingredients to mixing bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Yeast should bubble slightly.
2. Mix together until well combined and allow to sit for 30 to 60 minutes. The dough should rise.
3. Kneed for a few minutes until smooth, incorporating more bread mix or plain flour as needed to get dough smooth.
4. Place in bread tin or shape to suit.
5. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes for bread or 20 minutes for buns.
* Bake two loaves at a time to reduce oven use and freeze in a reusable bread bag.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight for less than 6 months.